About the Journal
The International Dialogues on Education Journal is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that publishes original research, theory, and best practices in education worldwide. It is available for free to anyone with internet access and there are no article submission or access charges for publication.
If you would like to submit a manuscript for review, we recommend that you first read the About the Journal and Author Guidelines pages, where you will find information about the journal and our online submission and review processes. The most recent Call for Papers can be found in Announcements.
IDE publishes articles after they complete the peer review and editorial process. Therefore, the most recent issue will appear below as soon as an article is ready to be published. Articles will continue to be added until an issue is considered complete.
Current categories for journal content is based on the the titles, abstracts, and keywords of content that has been published in the journal since it began in 2014. Categories include:
- Educational Philosophy and Pedagogy: Covers articles on the philosophy of education, pedagogical methods, and theoretical approaches to learning and teaching.
- Language Development and Childhood Education: Encompasses research on language acquisition, early childhood education, and the social aspects of learning for children.
- Inclusive Education and Diversity: Focuses on inclusivity in education, covering topics like disability, diversity in schooling, and teacher training for inclusive practices.
- Cultural Studies and International Education Programs: Covers studies on cultural influences in education, international education programs, and analyses of cultural biases and values in educational contexts.
- COVID-19 Impact on Higher Education: Concentrates on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on universities and higher education, including studies on student experiences and institutional responses.
- Academic Achievement and Student Assessment: Deals with student achievement metrics, assessment methods, and the efficacy of various formative and summative evaluation techniques.
- Technology and Online Learning: Addresses the role of technology in education, the growth of online learning, and the challenges and opportunities of digital teaching and learning, especially during the pandemic.
- Religious Education: Focused on current and historical aspects of education within religious contexts.
- Book Reviews and Literature Analyses: Includes reviews of educational books, literature analyses, and critiques of published works in the field of education.
- Editorials: Pertains to editorials, introductions to special issues, and thematic overviews.